We are happy to feature our first guest blogger Ryan Rivera. Thank you Ryan for the great post!
You eat the right foods to keep a healthy and fit body. But are you aware that certain foods can literally nourish and beautify your face? Foods that are a rich source of essential vitamins and minerals can enhance your facial skin and give it a youthful healthy glow.
Start getting nourishment inside by feeding your body and it will reflect on your face. What’s more, there are certain foods that can be used as facial applications to nourish your skin from the outside. Here is a guide on what foods to eat and which ones to use for masks and other facial applications that will leave you with a glowingly beautiful face.
Foods to Feed Your Body
- Milk, yogurt, cheese, and other foods rich in calcium have skin-nourishing properties.
- Give your skin a nice healthy tone by including more vitamin C-rich foods like broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, dark leafy green veggies, and citrus fruits in your diet.
- Nature’s undisputed miracle foods like soy products, fish oil (omega-3 fatty acids), flaxseed oil, kale, pomegranates, and avocados can promote radiant facial skin.
- Get that youthful glow on your face by consuming more foods that contain vitamin E like olives, asparagus, spinach, seeds, nuts (almonds particularly), and vegetable oils.
- Feed your skin with a healthy dose of biotin from wheat germ. Double the nourishment by sprinkling wheat germ on yogurt.
- Mangoes and other citrus fruits can enhance your facial complexion. The antioxidants in these fruits fight free radicals that can cause premature skin aging.
- Mushrooms are a natural source of vitamin B2 (Rivoflavin), which is essential in cell regeneration and tissue repair, particularly if your face had been injured or had undergone surgery.
- Oysters are a rich source of zinc that helps in fighting pimples, preventing acne, and keeping the facial skin moist and supple.
Note: Avoid fried and greasy foods that have less nutrients but more acne and pimple-causing oil for your face, which can trigger social anxiety instead of confidence.
Foods to Use as Facial Application
- Raw honey has superb healing properties that are effective for cleansing and toning the facial skin. Try a cinnamon honey mask, which is reputed to have acne-inhibiting properties.
- Leave a facial smoothie made from banana, yogurt, honey, and oatmeal on your face for about 30 minutes. Bananas and honey have a moisturizing effect; oats cleanse the skin; and yogurt contains enzymes that remove dead cells from the skin.
About the author: Eating healthy and nutritious foods is Ryan Rivera’s way of having a nourished skin which can also help in relieving stress and anxiety.
For more natural anti-anxiety techniques, check out www.calmclinic.com.